Below is some advice on how to prepare for a power cut:
- Keep the freephone number below handy.
- See the website for some useful videos offering you advice during a power cut.
- Keep spare batteries for radios and torches – local radio stations often broadcast helpful information.
- Keep an old-fashioned corded phone which you can plug in, as cordless phones won't work in the event of a power cut.
- Dress warmly in several layers of clothing, stay in one room or even get into bed.
- Take care if using candles, tea-lights and other naked flames.
- Keep fridges and freezers closed, with a blanket over as they will stay cold for many hours.
- Switch off all your electrical equipment, except one light which will let you know when the power comes back on.
- Remember the street lights may also be off so take care if you go out.
- Look out for elderly neighbours; please consider taking them round a flask of hot water or hot food.
For any power cut enquiries please contact us 24 hours a day by:
Calling 0800 31 63 105 or 0333 32 32 105 if calling from a mobile.
Visit www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk for the latest updates.
Follow us on twitter for updates @ukpowernetworks
Like our Facebook page and see updates at www.facebook.com/ukpowernetworks